9mm upper, like a K9UR, and at least a couple of magazines

Discussions on the Pistol Caliber AR15

Moderator: Charlie-2-6

Re: 9mm upper, like a K9UR, and at least a couple of magazin

Postby JCS » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:11 am

I'm leery of experimenting with mags - I have an M11 (full auto) that gave me a lot of problems with mag issues - spent more time tinkering with it that shooting it - so for me, I'll just stick with the Oly mags for my 9mm Oly upper - LOL, for those us us that don't live at our own range, I'd rather shoot than gunsmith.
JCS
Marksman
Marksman

Postby Rattler » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:16 am

9milshooter wrote: I've never seen a mag loader that worked on the mags with welded blocks, nor have I purchased the poly-mag loader from OLY.

The PML (Pistol Mag Loader) from Oly, works not only on the current poly mags, but also on the Sten and Uzi magazines with the blocks welded on them as well.
"A toast? Yeah. To high treason... So - Here's to the men who did what was considered wrong, in order to do what they knew was right. What they knew was right."
Nicholas Cage as Ben Gates: National Treasure
Rattler
OA2 PRESIDENT
OA2 PRESIDENT

Postby 9milshooter » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:30 am

"The PML (Pistol Mag Loader) from Oly, works not only on the current poly mags, but also on the Sten and Uzi magazines with the blocks welded on them as well."

That's interesting, informative and good to know there Rattler. At's what one gets for assuming. I just never thought anything would load the modified Sten's. I have a Sten mag-loader, but of course....it only slides over an un-modified magazine. I can see the point now though. If the loader will load the poly, it surely should load the block-modified models, since they bear the same dimensions. Guess I'll need to proceed to order me one.

As far as mag-modification goes, I've shortened the block-modified ones as well as stock Sten mags. I've also made-my-own by adding a section of 7/8" x 7/8" square tubing to un-modified Sten mags. It so works out that the .875 x .875 tubing is exactly the correct size to fill the gap in the magwell.
9milshooter
Plinker
Plinker

Postby 9milshooter » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:14 pm

Talk about revival of an old thread................

I purchased the OLY pistol caliber loader some time ago and have not used it that much. I seldom load past 10-15 and all my mags are worn enough to make that no big deal. When I did use it, I noticed the plunger on mine is concave and when the round is pushed-down, it will hang-up, it tries to follow the round over as it's pushed down. What suddenly got my attention when I was cruising and took a look at this thread....the loader noses on the pictures of these loaders here in this thread are pointed, more-or-less a dull chisel-end. Not like mine at all. I plan to contact OLY for an explanation, but they obviously changed the nose design.

DO YOU GUYS THAT HAVE THESE CHISEL-POINTED NOSES HAVE ANY ISSUES WITH THESE LOADERS?
9milshooter
Plinker
Plinker

Previous

Return to Pistol Caliber AR15's