Federal Premium Ammunition Lays Off 110 Workers

News from around the world as it relates to the firearms and weapons trade industry.

Moderator: Charlie-2-6

Federal Premium Ammunition Lays Off 110 Workers

Postby John A. » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:29 am

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017 ... ncentives/

Excerpt:
The post-election gun industry downturn has hit Federal Premium Ammunition, which laid off a significant number of its employees earlier this month. 110 of the roughly 1400 workers at the company were let go from the company’s Anoka, Minnesota plant, the company confirmed. This announcement surprised Minnesota state officials, who had before the end of last year granted the company set of grants and loads worth $1.15 million to expand. Federal informed the state that these grants would no longer be necessary, and that they were cancelling them. Although the expansion is expected to continue, the hiring goals that were conditions of the grants are no longer achievable, Federal said.
Yes, I'm "THAT" guy
John A.
OA2 Advisory Council
OA2 Advisory Council

Re: Federal Premium Ammunition Lays Off 110 Workers

Postby Thom » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:14 am

Wonder if this means that .22 ammo will finally return to reasonable prices and availability as hording subsides?

For the previous eight years the ammo industry boom was nearly a runaway condition, hopefully they will be able to survive the oncoming slump.
Thom. . .

"The only REAL safety is between your ears. . ."

Once a Marine....... wrote:After all we do have plenty of room for all of Gods animals......... right next to the mashed potatoes!
Thom
Sniper
Sniper

Postby John A. » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:06 am

I think "slump" may not be exactly the right word.

Many people bought up a lifetime supply of ammunition. I mean, some would quite possibly in the tens of thousands of rounds.

The market always corrects itself. Anytime you have a high, will also be a low. And vice versa.
Yes, I'm "THAT" guy
John A.
OA2 Advisory Council
OA2 Advisory Council

Postby Colorado Osprey » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:29 am

I'm not even considering the lows. It would be nice to even see 22lr on the shelves of the local gun stores anywhere near me.
Last I was able to purchase was in October with a limit of one box.
Lets just remove all the warning label and let nature take its course.
Colorado Osprey
Sniper
Sniper

Return to Firearms Industry News