NY guys?????

Gather and Greet other OA2 Members from your State.

Moderators: Charlie-2-6, Globemaster, Belial

NY guys?????

Postby TravisM.1 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:04 am

Do we have any New York members here?
WWJCD?
What Would John Connor Do?

http://pashooterblog.wordpress.com/

Winner of the ‘March’ 2012 Rimfire ‘Postal-Match’ :mad skull:
TravisM.1
Sniper
Sniper

Re: NY guys?????

Postby DocH » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:03 am

quote="TravisM.1"]Do we have any New York members here?[/quote]

Hey Travis,
Yes... We (My wife Sandy and I) live in Orange County, NY.
Right next to PA and NJ....
PA is looking better and better.
We are so very Disappointed in Our State Legislative Body right now.

Here is what Sandy and I have sent as of the past few days.
Right now We are HOPING that The NY State Assembly does NOT pass the legislation that the NY Senate DID pass late yesterday (Monday eve).

As I said to Sandy this AM after learning of the passage of this most offensive legislation,

" At least We do not live very far from Pennsylvania, so if need be moving, IS an option."

BUT, ALL of Us here in The USA HAVE to keep reminding Our Federal Congress People that We DO hold The 2nd Amendment in the Highest Regard and WILL remember how Our Member of Congress vote on Protecting One of the Very Foundations of Our United States of America Constitution!
Our Congress People want Us to vote Them into Office and Trust Them to represent Us in Government....BUT yet They do NOT Trust We Law Abiding Firearms Owners to do The Right Thing!
A Sad Sad Day in Our Lives, but Sandy said to Me this morning, "Ed, We HAVE to keep insisting that We do ALL that We can to try and Keep America The Best We can for Our Children and Their Children.
Protecting Freedom has Never been an Easy Job yet is One of the MOST Important tasks We HAVE to keep doing!!!
Ed

"Re: Our Concerns RE: Gun Control
Monday, January 14, 2013 10:36 AM
"Assemblywoman Rabbitt" <rabbita@assembly.state.ny.us>
To:
doch_ladyprecious@yahoo.com

Thank you for your recent email regarding your opposition to gun control legislation and any new restrictions on gun ownership. I appreciate hearing from my constituents on this very important matter.

There is no question that our nation needs to have an open and honest conversation about the growing epidemic of mass murders. Like you I am opposed to any legislation that infringes upon the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding, responsible gun owners.

I will not tolerate any effort to compromise the safety of our citizens, especially our children. Legislative efforts must be pursued to improve public safety. Rest assured that this important conversation will continue as we head into the new legislative cycle now.

Tragedies like the killing of innocent victims in Connecticut are indeed criminal, horrific, and tragic but the cause is a disturbed or evil person, not a gun. I agree with gun owners in that the solution lies with getting help for the mentally ill and punishing the criminal, not in diminishing the rights of the law abiding.

Banning the use of certain guns is not the solution. Our focus needs to be on keeping guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill. We each have the ability to make the world a better, kinder, safer, warmer place through our acts of kindness, compassion and generosity to each other. I look forward to hearing my constituent’s thoughts and debating this issue with my colleagues in the legislature in order to come up with a compromised solution that will be agreed upon by all.

Yours truly,

Annie Rabbitt
Assemblywoman 98th District

doch_ladyprecious@yahoo.com wrote:
> Dear Assemblymember Rabbitt,
>
> This is an automatically generated email to alert you that the following message has been posted on the online contact form:
>
> Name: Edward and Sandra S.
> Organization: Address: PO Box 38*
> Address2: City: Slate Hill
> State: New York
> Zip: 10973
> Phone: 84*-69*-421*
> Email: doch_ladyprecious@yahoo.com
>
> Message: Greetings Honorable Assemblywoman,
>
> My Husband and I live in Greenville Township, NY and 1st want to Thank You for Your Service to Our State.
>
>
> Ed and I are VERY concerned over the possibility that Our New York State Constitutional Right to Own Legal Firearms is facing a Very Real threat from those that would erode Our State and Federal rights to Firearms Ownership and legal use.
> NY State has in place CURRENTLY some of the most thorough statues RE: Firearms, would not time and energies be Much better spent evaluating the "Mental Health" system?
> My Husband Edward was a Law Enforcement Officer in the State of Oregon prior to His being injured and then moving here to Orange County, and He has repeatedly said that Law Abiding People are Not the problem and He and I Strongly support Law and Order!
> We have 2 Young Men in Middle School (Minisink Valley Schools) and DO value their safety not only in the Schools but also when not in School. We highly favor having Law Enforcement placed in The School setting as well as very careful and thorough evaluation and care of people with Mental Health issues.
> My Self and My Husband Edward ask and implore You to please uphold our NY State Firearms Rights as well as what the US Supreme Court has ruled repeatedly in the recent past as defined in the 2nd Amendment of the US Constitution as well.
>
> One only need to look at The UK and/or Australia to see that Banning firearms ownership by Citizens leads to not less crime, but more Violent crimes against people.
> Even Canada has seen this fact and is changing it's stance on Private Firearms Ownership.
>
> We have contacted Senator: John J. Bonacic and was very happy to learn that He is very MUCH in support of Our Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
>
> Thanks Again for Your Representation in Our State Government,
>
> Sandra and Edward S."
DocH
OA2 Team Member
OA2 Team Member

Postby DocH » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:25 am

Greetings TravisM.1,

Thanks for Your message... I PM'd You...AGAIN, Thank-You Sir.

Ed
DocH
OA2 Team Member
OA2 Team Member

Postby Treehugger » Thu May 23, 2013 4:45 pm

Another New Yorker here. I live in Dover, De (Air Force spouse) but I am still a card carrying NY'er, registered to vote (I vote Conservative so I only get one shot per election). WNY is home.
Treehugger
Marksman
Marksman

Postby ei79 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:50 am

Thread is rather out dated so since im new here i will try to revive it. Southern Tier NY is where i call home.
ei79
Plinker
Plinker

Postby Treehugger » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:41 am

I recently moved to NJ as wife received PCS orders here from Delaware. Still working on finding out what is 'allowed' and what isn't, but so far I found that slingshots, BB guns and tomahawks are a threat to society. I will guess liberal driven wt*...This is the state that the past year arrested a NJ resident for possesion of an unliscensed/registered pistol. The man was a retired school teacher and the pistol in question was made about 1750-a flintlock model. It started as a traffic stop, he mentioned the firearm and officer on scene had no issue and eventually sent him on his way after business was completed, but the next day the man was greeted at his front porch by 4 officers and charged. The charges were dropped later, but he was looking at 5-10 years before the bad press and retardedness reached a level where it was finally dropped. So this gun was made when George Washington was about 18 years old, and some 26 years before this country was independant. A prime example of liberal driven wt*. Moving on, I'm still a registered NYS resident and concerned will most 2A issues, and vote accordingly. I do make the trip home for all the big elections and some of the small ones.
Most of you have heard of New York's SAFE Act, driven through in record short notice after the Sandy Hook incident. It has come to light that records released in a FOIA request which was fought by New York State, that of the 3-4 million 'assault weapons' claimed by Gov. Cuomo that needed to be dealt with, only about 22,000 people registered less than 45,000 firearms in question. Nothing says, ef-u quite like ignoring a royal edict.
Treehugger
Marksman
Marksman

Postby ei79 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:17 pm

Glad here you got out of NY but it don't sound like it was for the better. I was just on vacation in Delaware and that is still one of the free states. Was odd walking into a gun shop and seeing all the things I can't have and open carry of handguns with no permit!
ei79
Plinker
Plinker

Postby DocH » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:26 am

Just a little update RE some of Us here in NYS...
RE: My K8, I had My Local Gunsmith "convert" the mag release so that the rifle is now "SAFE Act compliant".
Of Course I have to break the rifle open to reload it round by round into the 5 round Magazine, however the "conversion" is "reversible", so just as soon as We move (hoping for next spring) the mag release mechanism can be returned to stock configuration.

My Wife and I spent about 3 weeks in Wa. State (My Birth-state) visiting My Family there, but I just could not manage to fit a trip up to Olmpia to visit Oly Arms...Next trip out West, which should hopefully be The trip moving back West!

On the trip this August, I stopped into the Local Sheriff's Office and applied for My Wa. State Concealed Pistol Permit.
Even tho I am currently a New York State Resident, They were absolutely Friendly, Courteous and Glad to process My Permit application there in the Sheriff's Office ( The County lies along the Columbia River about 100 miles East of Vancouver), and about a month later My Wa State Concealed permit showed up in the mail here in Orange County, NY!
Nice to have The Permit...Call it getting ready to move back West!
Sad that NY does not honor the Wa. State Permit, but there Are quite a few States that Do honor it.
I REALLY Miss The North West!!
Even after 15 years in Upstate new York, I do not feel at "Home" here.

So, Westward-Bound is going to happen...worst-Case scenario is that due to My Wife's 2 Sons (almost 17 and the other is 15), we might have to stay here in the East another year (Visitation with Their Father who lives just across the line in the very northern tip of NJ), Then Pa. will be about as far West the Move will be for that one last year.....but Pa is MUCH Better than NY, NJ, CT, etc...
Vermont IS a Shining Light for Firearms Owners...but too far North for Me..Brrrrr!!

Now...to just find that K22 Target Match Upper Receiver!!
Still looking to buy one for My K8.....Rattler, Can I just order one from the Oly Arms website even tho I am a NY Resident?

Ed
DocH
OA2 Team Member
OA2 Team Member

Postby Dstehl » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:30 am

I got out of the People's Republic of Washington just in time to avoid some of the new anti-freedom laws. I will say some of Washington's gun laws are better than Texas but overall Texas has much more freedom for firearms owners.
My biggest issue with Texas is no unrestricted open carry. I personally do not open carry but the government has no right to tell me I can't. Plus you have to jump through too many hoops to get a CHL in Texas.
Derek Stehl
K3B 16" SS 5.56

http://facebook.com/derekstehl
Dstehl
Expert Rifleman
Expert Rifleman

Return to Home State Forums