H.R.1329 - To abolish the BATFE

GOA and NRA-ILA Legislative Alerts
<br><i>{ Please post local alerts in your area as well. }</i>

Moderators: Charlie-2-6, The OA2 Staff

H.R.1329 - To abolish the BATFE

Postby John A. » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:46 pm

They've yet to publish the text of the bill, but I hope when they do, it's one I can support. At least judging by the title so far, sounds promising and at least there are some elected reps out there listening.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-con ... ponsors?q={%22search%22%3A[%22sensenbrenner%22]}

H.R.1329 - To abolish the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, transfer its functions relating to the Federal firearms, explosives, and arson laws, violent crime, and domestic terrorism to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and transfer its functions relating to the Federal alcohol and tobacco smuggling laws to the Drug Enforcement Administration, and for other purposes.

Sponsor:Rep. Sensenbrenner, F. James, Jr. [R-WI-5] (Introduced 03/04/2015)
Committees:House - Judiciary
Latest Action:03/04/2015 Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.

CosponsorDate Cosponsored
Rep. Ribble, Reid J. [R-WI-8]03/10/2015
Rep. Weber, Randy K., Sr. [R-TX-14]03/13/2015
Yes, I'm "THAT" guy
John A.
OA2 Advisory Council
OA2 Advisory Council

Re: H.R.1329 - To abolish the BATFE

Postby Thom » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:22 pm

Wow. . . Did not see that coming. Wonder if it has even a slim chance of success?
Thom. . .

"The only REAL safety is between your ears. . ."

Once a Marine....... wrote:After all we do have plenty of room for all of Gods animals......... right next to the mashed potatoes!
Thom
Sniper
Sniper

Postby ekim » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:00 pm

Sounds great but the odds of it even coming up for a vote is VERY slim at best and we all know nobama will veto anything like that!
ekim
Marksman
Marksman

Postby Once a Marine....... » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:34 pm

We can still dream can't we?......
Once a Marine.......
Sniper
Sniper

Postby Shermanator » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:42 am

The only thing is what would take it's place in enforcing the current laws on the books related to ATFE?

My opinion is we have a problem with how congress is rated. They tend to be rated on how and what laws they introduce and get passed. I think they should be rated on what laws they update or repeal.
Shermanator
Expert Rifleman
Expert Rifleman

Postby Rattler » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:48 am

It's sole chance of success relies on it being passed as a cost savings bill. Consolidating functions is great. Also, but eliminating the BATFE, will remove some of the ability that this bureaucracy had in making and enforcing its own rules. Depending on the language of the bill, it would be difficult and cumbersome to put any rules making ability ion the hands of the FBI - that's just not their gig.
"A toast? Yeah. To high treason... So - Here's to the men who did what was considered wrong, in order to do what they knew was right. What they knew was right."
Nicholas Cage as Ben Gates: National Treasure
Rattler
OA2 PRESIDENT
OA2 PRESIDENT

Postby John A. » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:06 pm

Another bill was submitted to prohibit the ATF from banning any type of ammunition that isn't already banned.

https://www.congress.gov/114/bills/hr11 ... 1180ih.pdf
Yes, I'm "THAT" guy
John A.
OA2 Advisory Council
OA2 Advisory Council

Postby ekim » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:06 pm

Shermanator wrote:The only thing is what would take it's place in enforcing the current laws on the books related to ATFE?

My opinion is we have a problem with how congress is rated. They tend to be rated on how and what laws they introduce and get passed. I think they should be rated on what laws they update or repeal.

There is no problem with how congress is rated, they are rated lower that whale crap which is more than they deserve!
What I think we have is a congress that is letting agencies that are created by the executive side of government do the job of congress, that being making laws and regulations and imposing fees/taxes on the citizens with zero over site by those that are being controlled by people that the citizens no longer have any control of. It's one thing for elected people to impose taxes and laws, etc. but for people that are hired by those who are not accountable to the people/citizens is completely wrong and IMO, UN Constitutional! Then we have the executive branch of the government (not just the current administration either) by passing congress all together and laughing at both the congress and the citizens, which I call tyranny, then we the people have a major problem and congress nor voting is going to fix that problem any time in our life time! The last four elections proved to me that elections mean squat in America any more.
ekim
Marksman
Marksman

Postby Rattler » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:46 am

John A. wrote:Another bill was submitted to prohibit the ATF from banning any type of ammunition that isn't already banned.

https://www.congress.gov/114/bills/hr11 ... 1180ih.pdf

The problem John, as I explained in the last thread titled "Goodbye Greentip" is that the ammo, both M855 and SS109 are already banned! So passing a law with that language will not save us. It would have to state that all current exemptions would become permanent, which perhaps it does. That remains to be seen. However, with the current media outlets for the firearms industry, even including such "respected" groups as the Second Amendment Foundation and the CCRKBA (same thing really...) is that they have repeatedly falsely reported on this subject and would likely do so again - claiming "victory" for gun owners, only to realize that they have been duped.
"A toast? Yeah. To high treason... So - Here's to the men who did what was considered wrong, in order to do what they knew was right. What they knew was right."
Nicholas Cage as Ben Gates: National Treasure
Rattler
OA2 PRESIDENT
OA2 PRESIDENT

Return to Legislative Alerts